HP LaserJet Professional P1102 Wireless Setup Guide
Use the HP LaserJet 1102 Wireless Setup Configuration utility to configure the HP LasetJet 1102 user guide to print on a wireless network.
- Connect the wireless product to the computer through a USB cable.
- Click the Start button, and then click the Programs or All Programs menu item.
- Click the HP menu item, and then click the HP LaserJet Professional P1100 Printer series menu item.
- Click the Wireless Configuration menu item.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to configure the product to print on a wireless network.
- Turn the HP LaserJet P1102 off.
- Press and hold the wireless button and the cancel button, and then turn the product on.
- Hold the buttons until all the lights blink in unison, and then release the buttons. View or change network settings
- If you are using IPv4, the IP address contains only digits. It has this format zzzz.zzzz.zzz.zzz
- If you are using IPv6, the IP address is a hexadecimal combination of characters and digits. It has a format similar to this: zzzz::zzzz:zzzz:zzzz:zzzz
2. To open the embedded Web server, type the IP address into the address line of a Web browser.
3. Click the Networking tab to obtain network information. You can change settings as needed.
Use the embedded Web server to set a network password or change an existing password.
- Open the embedded Web server, click the Networking tab, and click the Password link. If a password has previously been set, you are prompted to type the password. Type the password, and then click the Apply button.
- Type the new password in the Password box and in the Confirm Password box.
- At the bottom of the window, click the Apply button to save the password.
- Open the HP Embedded Web Server, and then click the Networking tab.
- In the navigation pane, click the IPv4 Configuration link or the IPv6 Configuration link.
- In the IP Address Configuration section, click the Manual IP option.
- Type the required data in the Manual IP Address box, the IP Subnet Mask box, and the Manual Default Gateway box.
- Click the Apply button.
Use the Networking tab in the HP Embedded Web Server to set the link speed if necessary. The
setting is on the Advanced page. Incorrect changes to the link speed setting might prevent the product from communicating with other network devices. For most situations, leave the product in automatic mode. Changes can cause the product to turn off, and then on. Only make changes when the product is idle.
Use HP Direct Print to print directly to the HP LaserJet Professional P1102 from any mobile device (such as a smart phone, net book, or laptop computer). No setup is necessary, but HP Direct Print must be enabled. Your mobile device must have an HP print application installed.
The HP LaserJet Professional P1102w model does not support HP Direct Print.
1. To enable HP Direct Print, follow these steps:
- After the product is connected to the network, print a configuration page and identify the product IP address.
- At your computer, open a Web browser and enter the product IP address into the address line. The HP EWS screen appears.
- Click the Networking tab.
- On the Networking page, click Wireless Direct Setup. Select the check box, enter the network name (SSID) in the Wireless Direct Printing Name (SSID) field, and then click the Apply button. The IP address of the mobile device appears in the Networking page. To find the network name (SSID), click the Wireless Configuration menu in the Networking page.
- If only one product that supports HP Direct Print is connected to the wireless network, the document prints. If more than one product that supports HP Direct Print is connected, a list of products appears; you must select your product before proceeding to the next step. If no product is discovered, follow the instructions in step 1 to connect the product.